Sunday, October 08, 2017

Saletan On The Las Vegas Shooting And Gun Control

Saletan seems to me to typically occupy the reasonable center. Nothing really surprising in there, actually.
I'd just suggest, again, that we do need some positive reason to think that restrictions will help. It's stupid to accept less freedom without reason to believe that something important will be gained.
I think we should guard our rights jealously--especially given the relentless leftwardness of the left. Since they seem to treat every concession as a beachhead from which to push for further concessions, I'd say that arguments in favor of concessions have to meet a fairly high standard of proof. 
  But, of course, I really don't know what to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home