Saturday, August 19, 2017

Scott Adams: How You Know You're In A Mass Hysteria Bubble

I don't really know much about this guy beyond Dilbert, but we seem to be on pretty much the same page about the greatest crisis of all time of the moment, Herr Obergruppenfuhrer Trump's unequivocal declaration of the American Reich/ the New Confederacy/ Mordor II. I don't agree with everything he writes, but I think it's basically near the target.
   I guess I shouldn't joke about this, because if I'm wrong, I'm totally screwed beyond any hope of redemption. However, even if I'm right I'm totally screwed anyway given our new national commitment to the principle that Feelz > Reelz. Failure to join the shrieking mass denunciations = literally Hitler. (The country's screwed pretty much whether I'm right or wrong; just screwed in different ways, depending.)
   Also note: Nowhere in any of my squawking have I declared that I am not a Nazi and not a Klansman! Nor that I am even against Nazis and against the Klan! Nor even that having a racist President would be bad!! What do you think the best explanation of that is?????
   And, also, I actually have little doubt that Trump will go on to basically conform to the accusations out of sheer contrariness. And that will be interpreted as confirmation of the accusations. The Twitter defense of Confederate statuary is, I guess, just the first step in this direction. Besides, he's escalated nuclear tensions with NK and managed to get branded a Nazi within the space of like two weeks. He's simply not up to this job even under normal conditions--and certainly not under prevailing conditions.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aa said...

He's a creationist. He does not understand evolution but thinks he's an expert. He does not understand much of anything beyond writing a comic strip but thinks he's an expert on everything.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

Well that's just great.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home