Monday, May 22, 2017

Michelle Goldberg on Kipnis: "She's Not Like Those *Other* Feminists"

I'M SO CONFUSED
   I'm in love with Laura Kipnis...but I'm ALSO in love with Michelle Goldberg...who, c'mon, Michelle...is also not like those other feminists...
Kipnis makes a strong case...but Goldberg does, indeed, point out weak points in that case that I skimmed right over, enamored as I was by Kipnis's telling of it all...how did I miss the house in Scotland part...was that only in the lawsuit? 'cause dayum, that is some shit right there...
   There are asshole "predators" in philosophy--mostly male. There are tons of psychofeminists... The rest of us--you and me, whatever our sex--are caught in between. We're like the Poles, caught between the fucking Nazis and the fucking reds. Well...except we have the power, unlike the poor Poles...we just choose not to use it...
   Anyway, feminism in philosophy is nuts, and Kipnis really captures that, and--per Goldberg--I may have let that influence my view of Kipnis's view of the Ludlow case... At any rate, Kipnis is probably still right...but I reckon we'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home