Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Gamergate Nut Brianna Wu To Run For Congress

facepalm
Did you realize that Gamergate is a movement that "says women shouldn't be in gaming?"
Yeah, neither did anybody else.
Wu is a nut and a bullshit artist par excellence. He's cut from the same cloth as Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn. I realize that virtually any jackass with the right connections can win a congressional seat in the right district...but damn. Wu would be embarrassing even by the rather denigrated standards of the House.
And boy, those anti-Gamergaters sure do love their "death threats," don't they? It's pretty embarrassing that anyone counts internet "death threats" as actual death threats. Which doesn't mean that the people sending them aren't also jackasses...because they are. But the PCs reeeealy love playing the victim. The asshats sending those "threats" are doing absolutely, positively nothing other than (a) making themselves jackasses and (b) helping out the PCs/anti-Gamergaters.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aa said...

Can I just say, to be troublesome...that I admire her for at least doing _something_ instead of just sitting back and griping. Even if I disagree with many of her positions...at least she's doing _something_.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

Yeah, I suppose I can see that...though it's always been kind of hard for me to admire "doing something" per se.

I mean...that Hitler...at least he did *something*!

I would in no way be surprised if my view about this is weird/wrong.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Aa said...

Way to take the wind out of my sails. But she's no Hitler (lame face saving move), and at least she's got the conviction to Try (for what's it's worth)

7:42 PM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

Ha ha we're no good at internet arguing.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home