Sunday, July 10, 2016

Peter Moskos: Cop In The Hood

   Sleep crap is gettin' me down big time this morning, so I've just been sitting here reading the interwebs--mostly Peter Moskos's Cop in the Hood blog.
   Very, very interesting stuff IMO. More importantly, he seems very reasonable. 
   This is just a first impression, of course. And I don't know anything about this stuff, so my reaction thus far is very impressionistic.
   That blog reminds me--as I'm often reminded--that I don't understand this country at all. I basically left the farm for academia and have spent the rest of my life in it. Urban America in particular is largely another dimension to me, though I've spent my share of time poking around in big cities. Anyway, that's not going anywhere, so don't get your hopes up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home