Saturday, December 26, 2015

Dickey and Rosenberg: How To Protect Gun Rights While Reducing The Toll Of Gun Violence

link
I'm not sure why the CDC needs to be involved in this...the DOJ, for example, collects and analyzes statistics...
I'm skeptical of the claim that violence (of any kind) should be categorized (primarily?) as a health problem... And I worry about the medicalization of everything... But none of these concerns are very clear in my mind, so I can't give them much weight. At any rate, past CDC politicization of the problem should be taken seriously, but needn't lead us to block all CDC involvement for all time. CDC research shouldn't be allowed to start with an anti-firearm goal/agenda...but it makes no sense to block any CDC research that might lead to more restrictions on guns.
Or so it seems to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home