Saturday, April 25, 2015

Neo- PC Follies: 'Gin-Soaked' in "If You Were A Dinosaur, My Love"

facepalm
   So as I just discovered, there is this short-short story--more like a kind of poem, really--"If You Were A Dinosaur, My Love." I kind of liked it. It turns out to be preachy in the trendy SJW way that is currently all the rage in sci-fi...and, y'know...everywhere else it seems...  But still, preachy PC thought-policing to the side, the story's got a perfectly fine message and I like the writing. It won't go down as one of my all-time favorites, but, even fed up as I am with all this stuff, I can control for that, and I like the thing.
   But oh for the love of God...the post above is almost as beautiful an illustration of the nuttiness of the neo- PCs as you could ask for...  It turns out that the perpetrators of the violence in the thing are described as 'gin-soaked,' which apparently SJWs have decreed a "class marker". Thus, despite the intensely SJW-friendliness of the thing, IT IS TEH EVVILZ!!!111  Fer the lova... Those people are going to eventually evaporate in the very center of their hugbox/echo-chamber in a puff of self-parody...
   I'm not going to waste time on this foolishness, tempting though it is...but...two quick points:
   First, WTF kind of "class-marker" is gin (or 'gin')? I mean...if you held a gun to my head and forced me to say, I'd guess...uh...upper? I mean, none of the people I grew up with were exactly sitting around swilling Tanqueray martinis... But, of course, something that's anti-upper-class wouldn't be the target of neo-PC ire...so I guess they must think lower, then? Who the hell knows? This the SJW version of arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. (But wait...'angel' may be monotheism-centric...so...supernatural beings? No...I'm sure that's something-centric too...)
   Second: the large methodological problem floating around in the background of so much of this insanity is the corrupt literary method that passes for thought among such folk. Granted, this time they actually are talking about literature... But the same method is employed even when they aren't. It's just a kind of free-association...except that it represents itself as something more... Just keep spinning out free-associative gobbledy-gook--but gobbledy-gook with the correct political spin...until you emit some words that please the echo chamber...
   Jebus these people. They make the nutty right look almost sane by comparison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home