Thursday, July 17, 2014

Centennial Peirce Congress

I'm off at the Centennial Peirce Congress.

Activity here will be light until Monday

Highlights thus far:

1. Stomped on Susan Haack's foot as I tried to beat a hasty/stealthy retreat out of a session before the next paper started. (Prompting my friend Jeff to say "oh, nice job" as I passed where he was sitting. Friends don't let something like that pass unremarked-on...) I mean I really stomped on that sucker. It wasn't a little tweak of the toes...

2. Shared an elevator with Murray Murphy, prompting the following exchange.

Me: "Murray Murphy! No kidding!"
Murray Murphy: (elevator doors open) "I'm afraid so" (shuffles off)

3. Sun-Joo Shin asked me to watch her purse while she went off to get coffee.


So, as you can see, it's been a very successful conference for me thus far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home