Monday, November 25, 2013

The Iran Deal

Notably good news, unless I'm missing something.

Am I missing something?

As you've already seen, there are challenges...

I'm hardly part of the Blame America First crowd...and Iran's hands are far from clean... But it seems difficult to deny that the U.S. has inflicted more undeserved harm on Iran than Iran has inflicted on the U.S. The 1953 coup seems to me to be the root of all evil with respect to U.S.-Iran relations. We (and the Brits) did that. Without that, not only would the Iranian people subsequently have suffered much less, but Iran would have been far less anti-U.S.

At any rate, any thawing of relations is a good sign, isn't it?

And, though getting Netanyahu's panties in a bunch is not an infallible indicator of correctness, it's not evidentially valueless either, in my current book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home