Friday, November 29, 2013

Averting Genocide In The Central African Republic

link (Washington Post)

Right, so we can't seriously say "never again" anymore...  How about: "Sometime not"?

I suppose I'm not too optimistic about talking the GOP into supporting a humanitarian mission of this kind...though we could play up the Muslim/Christian angle, I suppose.

I'd like to see us make it easier for people from war-ravaged places like the C.A.R. to immigrate to the U.S....something akin to amnesty, but which didn't require refugees to get here before invoking it. (We would, in my opinion, need to make sure that such a policy didn't worsen the population problem...but we could implement such a policy without increasing the total number of annual immigrants.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home