Friday, September 27, 2013

Greetings from Krakow...

...where I'm attending a conference. 

I've never been to Poland before, so that's exciting. I've basically only seen the three blocks between my hotel and the Jagiellonian University law school...but, still...tres European...

My paper is solid, but my talk was shitty...a cold + terminal jet lag + bad sleep + no chance to prepare overheads + no water for speakers didn't exactly help...but, meh, waddaya gonna do?  I seem to be making a habit of giving shitty talks of late...

Thus far the Poles have seemed not terribly friendly to me...but it's a big city, so that may very well explain it. At the very least, it's likely overdetermined...

That's all I got...

1 Comments:

Anonymous computer phil said...

Water is overrated. A colleague of mine was in Krakow a few years ago, and he said that at the restaurant water was more expensive than beer!

I hope you have a chance to visit a museum or something.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home