Wednesday, June 05, 2013

TSA Won't Allow Pocket Knives

Jesus Christ.

This is idiotic. I don't know how people live without pocket knives, and I don't want to have to check my bags all the damn time.

I'm less critical of the TSA that some. I don't think I'm under any illusions about this; I do realize that every such decision is a trade-off. But it's hard for me to see it as anything other than goddamned idiotic. Nobody's going to take over a plane with a Swiss army knife...

I'm generally carrying either my Spyderco Navigator or my Spyderco Native. The latter is somewhat new, but the former used to get through security no problem. (I was stopped once, and the security girl declared it "kinda pointy", but that was all). And I keep either my big fat Swiss army knife or my Leatherman in my bookbag at all times. And when I don't have 'em, it annoys the crap out of me.

Damn security theater triumphs again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home