Sunday, June 23, 2013

"PUA"s: A Whole New Breed of Asshole You Didn't Even Know Existed!

"PUA" = Pick-Up Artist

link

Well, maybe not entirely new, nor entirely unknown...but now a self-conscious group with books and websites and all that sort of stuff.

Sounds like some of them are just lonely, desperate guys who have a hard time meeting women...but the spectrum runs all the way to outright rapists...with, apparently, a whole lot of assholes in between...

Some of this stuff is extremely angrifying. The stuff about intentionally insulting women as a tactic for breaking down their self-esteem so they'll sleep with you isn't new...but it's always been loathsome as hell. I'm tempted to feel sorry for somebody who has such a hard time attracting women that he's got to resort to that...but...well...I'm not that tempted. That's assholery of a fairly high order.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Mystic said...

Honestly, I don't know how you can stand to read some of this stuff. It's so repulsive and disgusting, I inevitably start skimming, and then quit altogether.

These types of people, the author of the article included, so it seems, are the type who made me an insanely angry and depressed high schooler. In college, this sort of mentality was so common that I simply refused to go out to any sort of bar, club, or party, thereby avoiding it altogether. When I did go out, I invariably ran into some pretty unbelievably appalling things.

I'm glad to be an adult with a castle to call my own. Other people...fun to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home