Thursday, April 04, 2013

"Relativism" Watch: Tom Martin on Same-Sex Marriage

I can't say I agree with much here... Largely because I'm kinda with Popper insofar as I think it'd be crazy to take the Republic seriously as advice about how to run the state.

Here I'm just interested in this bit:
The democrat, a free spirit who is not guided by moral principle, is one step away from a tyrant; He is a relativist who refuses to distinguish higher from lower, right from wrong, or good from evil.
For the record, that's not relativism. The view that there is no real distinction between the right and the wrong is moral nihilism. (What it would mean, strictly speaking, to say that someone "refuses to distinguish" right from wrong...well, who knows?)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home