Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Teach For America's Hidden Curriculum: The Worst Article You'll Read This Week

At Salon.com for chrissake...and probably the worst piece of crap I've ever read there.

As I read this thing, my jaw literally dropped farther and farther. This is just one shitty argument after another. Innuendo, attempts to establish guilt by association, naked rhetorical trickery, derisive, dishonest attempts to make TFA into some kind of "elite" plot...this is just crap from beginning to end.

I've got no particularly established view of TFA...no dog in this fight...  It always seemed like a good idea to me, and I've had some really good students do it...but I'm in no way resistant to criticisms of the program...  I started reading this thinking wow, TFA seems like such a good idea! But...  and I kept waiting for the bombshell. All I found were puerile arguments that seem driven by some kind of ideological dislike of TFA.

Jesus. How does shit like this get published? I mean, I know it's just the web, but...Salon! Fairly respectable place, IMO...normally, anyway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home