Saturday, July 07, 2012

Back From Berkeley

Back!

Whew. What a trip. The IARPA meeting was productive and interesting. We all stayed at the awesome Berkeley faculty club--extremely pleasant, hospitable digs. The days ran long, so I mostly just ate at the faculty club, and availed myself little of the legendary Berkeley eateries. I'd never seen the Cal campus before, and, with apologies to Carolina and UVa, I must proclaim it the most beautiful I've ever seen. Redwoods right on campus! And the Eucalypts! The trees in general, in fact, were just fantastic.

We got up to Muir Woods one day, and that was just astounding. I've longed to see redwoods since I was a kid...absurd that it's taken me so long...

Had about two days in San Francisco, where I got to meet Myca IRL, not to mention the lovely and charming Mrs. Myca. This was my first IRL meeting with someone met through the blog. Good conversation, good burgers, spiked shakes...very enjoyable. (Thanks again, M and Mrs. M!)

Then from the wonderful SF weather back to...the worst the OD has to offer...100s and off-the-scale humidity...  Yeargh. Now I see why everybody loves California...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home