Monday, August 29, 2011

So This is Small Government
Rick Perry and Mandatory STD Vaccinations for Sixth-Grade Girls

W. T. F.
?

I didn't know about this until this morning. This is a kind of craziness that I would never have predicted from a wingnut like Perry. I mean, dude's a nut...but I didn't think he was that kind of nut. If forced to bet, I'd have guessed that this was some kind of lefty lunacy...but eager as I am to thump the left in order to bolster my rapidly-atrophying centrist credentials...I'd really have a hard time believing that even a really nutty, really lefty liberal would advocate such a policy.

I don't suppose there's any real reason to point out, yet again, that it's not the size of government that really matters, but how intrusive it is. And the GOP is perfectly happy to micromanage our personal lives. Even if this particular bit of micromanagement is bizarre even by their standards.

Apparently this was not ideological, though...but, rather, just good old-fashioned corruption. The lead hypothesis about this insanity is that it was a gift to Merck. Jebus. What madness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home