Thursday, November 11, 2010

Welcome To The Police State
TSA/Meg McLain Edition

I think I've been pretty patient and cooperative with "security theater" at airports...but this shit is on the verge of getting out of hand.

Link

Sounds like part of this is an instance of a general problem with cops that I've long noticed. Somebody needs to tell a large percentage of them that, while they may in some circumstances have the authority to arrest you, they don't have the authority to yell and be disrespectful. I don't have a settled opinion on what our response to these ever-more-intrusive searches ought to be, but I have no doubt that the asshats in this case need to be fired and perhaps prosecuted. They have the authority to prevent her from getting on the plane; all this other fascist nonsense is right out.

[Update: The TSA responds with video footage.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home