Friday, January 15, 2010

Charles Krauthammer is an Idiot
1/15/10 Edition

I'm trying out a new policy. Roughly: I no longer pay attention to complete morons. But I just couldn't keep my eyes off of Krauthammer's latest this morning.

I've got no interest in responding to somebody who's wrong about everything and hasn't even a shred of intellectual honesty. But I have to say, I do find it interesting that every political event is, according to Krauthammer, to be explained in a way that fits his political preconceptions.

Of course anyone really interested in explaining the decline in Obama's popularity would have to take into account the twin facts that (a) presidents' popularity ratings tend to be determined by how well the country is doing, whether they are responsible for that or not, and (b) Obama was handed a train wreck. But no, of course it's health care reform that has sunk Obama, according to Krauthammer, despite the fact that Americans overall actually seem fairly favorably-inclined toward reform.

Jesus, I cannot believe that the Post gives this moron a platform.

I usually don't give a rat's ass about polls, but I may even zip over to see whether Nate Silver has anything to say about this one, just to get a sensible take on it and wash the Krauthammer stench out of my brain.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Es-tonea-pesta said...

I think calling a guy like this "stupid" or "an idiot" is counterproductive. He's a propagandist for lies. He doesn't believe what he's saying. Why act like he does?

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home