Monday, August 17, 2009

More Armed Anti-Health Care Reform Protesters

I'll say it again: eight years of a criminal administration actually threatening the Constitution: total, mindless, unquestioning support from these people. Seven months of trying to fix the mess: spittle-flecked opposition...and now lots of flashing guns around.

Question: Is there any real doubt that these displays of firearms are intended as threats of some kind?

And, of course, I say this not as a wimpy oh-gosh-I'm-scared-of-all-guns liberal. Heck, I'm heavily-armed and comfortable with firearms. But I don't see any reason to openly carry at such protests unless you intend to send a message to the effect that you think that violence might be an appropriate course of action.

Pretty astonishing that so many wingnuts are apparently willing to consider the use of violence in order to guarantee that we have fewer health insurance options. I mean, the message does seem to be that these people think they may have to fight to make sure that a certain option--a completely optional option--is not made available. Not only do they not want it, but they want to make sure that no one else has the option of taking it either.

There's a whole level or so of crazy out there that I just never really interact with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home