Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Carolina 101, Duke 87

Great game. excellent first half by dook (though to be fair, also very bad D by Carolina). But the Heels came out and methodically took 'em apart in the second half. Looked like Roy made some adjustments to the help defense and told them to get it inside to Hansbrough. Deon had a great night, as did Frasor.

In the end, it probably wasn't as close as 101-87. Carolina's got the edge in talent this year, and tonight their good offense beat dook's good defense. But in that first half, I wasn't sure we were going to come up with a solution for Henderson.

So that makes us, I think, 5 for the last 6 against 'em (the one loss was when Lawson was out with a shredded ankle last year), and something like 129-97 all-time. Not that I'm counting.

Condolences to my dookie homies, and to the wee dookies who have been sleeping in tents since January, and congrats to the dook players for a great effort. Some people hate dook, but I like 'em because they raise the level of competition in the ACC and almost always give us fun games.

Yep, that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home