Monday, August 11, 2008

The Georgian Crisis

I've been resisting writing this, but: is it just me, or is anyone else concerned about the fact that a thoroughly incompetent--not to mention unintelligent and uninformed--president will be piloting our response to the Georgian crisis?

I don't want to use this as an opportunity to make a political point...but, see: IT MATTERS WHO YOU ELECT TO THE PRESIDENCY. Things will not always go right. And if things go badly wrong, you want someone who is at least reasonably intelligent, knowledgeable and competent.

And, um, not to belabor a favorite point of mine, but: so much for Bush's ability to look into people's souls.I mean, really? How hard is it to tell that Putin is evil?

I'd be rather concerned about all of this even if we had a competent president. As it stands, I'm downright worried.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home