Monday, April 21, 2008

I Will Not Vote For Hillary Clinton

I've been inclining in this direction for quite awhile now, but I've been trying to talk myself down But watching Shrillery on Olberman just now I realized that there was no reason to even pretend there's still any real chance. So I might as well be honest about it:

If Clinton wins the nomination, I won't vote for her.

That doesn't mean that I'll vote for McCain... But I won't vote for Hillary.

I'm sure nobody needs me to explain why. Everybody knows why so many folks are disgusted by her. It's not exactly a secret.

Fortunately, it probably won't be an issue since it's unlikely that she'll win. In 2008, anyway. Though it seems likely that she's trying to hurt Obama enough that McCain will win and she can have another shot in 2012.

I hope she goes down really, really, really hard. After the last seven years, I really thought I'd be willing to vote for just about anybody the Dems put up. But I'm so disgusted by the way she'd conducted herself and her campaign that I simply will not vote for her.

2 Comments:

Blogger Random Michelle K said...

I wish I wasn't able to say "I knew this would happen" when she said she'd run lo those many years ago (it even feels like decades at this point), but unfortunately, I knew this would happen.

And even more unfortunately, it's even worse than I thought it would be. I figured it'd just be the right wing she'd piss off.

But I said it two (or more) years ago, and I'll say it again. I don't think she's electable. I was really hoping Edwards and Obama would have knocked her out of the campaign earlier, but instead Edwards bowed out.

And now I'm just sad by what the race is turning into.

I think I hate politics.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

I hear ya, MK.

The GOP could end up winning basically as a result of its weakness. It nominates a candidate that centrists like but conservatives hate. The Dems get all fired up, get two candidates they're passionate about, then end up with a primary to the death that splits the party and alienates half of it. Dems self-destruct, GOP wins.

Argh.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home