Friday, March 28, 2008

Go Tar Heels--Beat Louisville!

Although politics and world events are, of course, important in their own way, this is the time of year when ones thoughts naturally turn to what is truly important in life. I speak, of course, of basketball, the holy game, the stuff of life. And Carolina basketball in particular.

Roy has put together just an amazing bunch of kids. To know 'em is to love 'em, win or lose.

Er, though, of course, we have some preference for winning. Yes, winning would be nice.

Since I've instituted my try to actually accomplish something program, I've been watching less hoops, and I actually haven't seen Louisville play much, but I've seen 'em enough to know they're tough.

If we were going to play them best two out of three, I'd be fairly confident. But in one game, lots of things can happen. But I'm going to call it for the Heels, 86-79. Carolina plays smarter, and if our D stays wound up like this, I'm confident we can beat anybody in the country most nights. (Except maybe Kansas. Lord, I haven't asked you for anything since that snow day thing. What with me not believing in you and all. But please don't make us play Kansas...) Pitino's a good coach, of course, but Roy gives us a clear coaching edge. What with the ACC being down the last couple of years, Louisville's had the advantage of playing more tough teams than we have. But all things considered, Carolina's got to be the fairly clear favorite. I'm worried about all those defenses they throw at people, but Ty can shred the zone. They are said to take bad shots, and we've got the rebounding edge. And you can't press Carolina. Everybody knows that. (Though the secret is: since almost nobody ever tries to press Carolina, you actually can press Carolina sometimes, since it surprises them.)

Anyway:

Go you Tar Heels!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home