Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mr. 2924%

Says Zogby.

[Now, I don't much care about polls, and I'm a little puzzled at the glee that many people exhibit at these numbers. I mean, look, people, the really astonishing fact here is that TWENTY-NINEfour [seems much better than nine to me, perhaps undeserving of caps] PERCENT OF AMERICANS say they APPROVE of the way Bush is doing his job. Think about that. That's breath-taking. What's going on here? Well, the least bad possible explanation is that many of these people don't really believe this at all, but are just saying it for partisan reasons. Next-least-bad, probably, is that they are just clueless. But the worst possibility of all (as I've said before) is that this is really, truly what a large percentage of conservatives count as a genuinely good presidency. THAT, my friends, is the truly terrifying possibility.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home