Saturday, August 04, 2007

Don Surber, Gibbering Conservative

I have to admit, I kind of like loony blogs--just for their entertainment value, of course. My new favorite is Don Surber. I know I linked to him recently, but here's another example

I love this new conservative theme--everybody hates Congress! They hate them even more than they hate Bush! Bwahahah! If people hate Congress more than they hate Bush, then we win!

It doesn't seem to matter that almost no one has the slightest idea what Congress has done, that much of the dissatisfaction with Congress stems from their failure to stand up to this moronic administration, that very few people understand the proper roll of Congress in conducting war, that it's not clear even to well-informed people how the war is going...

Look, I'm not ecstatic with Congress, but at least I know enough to know that these poll numbers are virtually meaningless. But there's a subset of Bush dead-enders, dedicated to gerrymandering SOME kind of picture according to which their Beloved Leader doesn't completely suck, sitting in their basements cobbling this stuff together. Man. Very sad.

I actually shouldn't promote this kind of thing...and I try to stay away from such blogs when I can resist. Given the current state of things, nutty right-wing blogs just drive me farther to the left. Back in the late '80's and early '90's, when the PC movement was big on campus, I used to try to avoid those people because they drove me farther to the right. (Anybody else have this problem or is it just me?)

So I really should stop doing this kind of thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home