Saturday, June 09, 2007

Screw Politics. More Novels

Today's impressionistic book review: The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen.

Since I don't know anything about literature, and since I'm the last person in the country to read this book anyway, let me just say: I liked it.

Maybe you have to have an insane family for this to really resonate, though, so it may not be for everybody.

Anyway, am I the only person currently hiding from politics? Hell, I just can't deal with it anymore. And presidential debates! In June! A year and a frickin' half before the election!

Somebody shoot me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, more novels, more gin & tonics, and, my doctor says, more aerobic exercise. Preferably not all three at once.

I've been a political junkie since 1972, but I think I'm ready to get clean. I mean, who'd want to mainline Rudy Giuliani?

10:47 AM  
Blogger Random Michelle K said...

The thought of dealing with a year and a half more presidential election politics is enough to make me cry, so I've been ignoring it as much as humanly possible.

So let me know if you want some reading recommendations. :)

And I also haven't read The Corrections, so you're actually ahead of me.

Michelle K

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home