Saturday, October 14, 2006

He Keeps Using That Word...

...But I do not think it means what he thinks it means...

In today's Post Jeffrey Smith puzzles over something that's also struck me in the past--the inordinate number of things W characterizes as "unacceptable".

I'm not in the mood for Bush bashing...Christ, who's got the energy anymore?...but I just thought I'd point out that if you actually regard something as unacceptable, then, well, you won't accept it. I agree with him, for example, that the genocide in Sudan is unacceptable...but, see, he's the president, and so if HE really found it unacceptable, then we'd be stopping it.

I think the word he's looking for might be 'inconvenient,' but I'm not sure.

It doesn't help that, as Kevin Drum notes, it's the tone he uses that's really unnerving. He sounds like so mad that he can't get his way that he's going to spit nails. If the guy weren't so dangerous, he'd be downright funny. More and more his assertions about what is unacceptable seem like Vizinni's assertions about what is inconceivable. In fact, they're starting to actually sound a little bit alike to me...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"And YOU [Mr. President]! Friendless, brainless, helpless, hopeless! Do you want me to send you back to where you were? Unemployed?!! In Greenland!?!!!!"

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home