Monday, March 20, 2006

Carnival of the Conspiracies: 9/11

Here's the zaniest collection of conspiracies since Holy Blood, Holy Grail.

(Incidentally, I read a good bit of HBHG years ago at the urging of my conspiracy-theory afficienado friends Peter and Ann. What a hoot. HBHG is way, way more fun than the super-suckful DaVinci Code, which I got stuck reading on vacation once. Incidentally, when I read DVC, I thought "this is a rip-off of Holy Blood, Holy Grail." I think it's a riot that the authors of HBHG tried to foist that crap off as fact, and that (somehow) prevented them from making much money. And, since they said it was factual, I don't see any way for them to object that Brown stole their story for his book, which he at least admitted was fiction. Maybe they could argue that HBHG is such obvious BS that nobody could possibly take it for non-fiction.)

Personally, I think that 9/11 was a mass human sacrifice perpetrated by the Illuminati in order to raise the Great Old Ones.

Pass it on.

[via Metafilter]

[Incidentally, you'll note that there some not at all crazy stuff in there, too. E.g. the stuff in section 6.]

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom Van Dyke said...

WS, perhaps you can help me with this.

If HBHG is presented as fact and as history, how can a novelist touch on it and be accused of plagiarism?

Seems the HBHG authors want their cake and eat it too.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

I'm with ya...that's what I tried to say above...in a convoluted way. I don't see any way they could possibly sue him. If I write an (alleged) history of North Carolina, and then you write a historical novel based on that history, seems like I have no complaint against you....unless I realize that my own work is actually fiction, too.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home