Thursday, May 05, 2005

Firefighter Recovers after Ten Years of Unresponsiveness

This story is so great I almost can't believe it. Unfortunately, thirty seconds into my happy reaction to this, I realized that some folks are probably going to try asserting that if we'd just waited another couple of weeks, we could have saved Terri Schiavo...

Anyway, that's my prediction. Be interesting to see whether I'm right.

[I'll be done with grading in a couple of days, and then will start posting again. Sorry about the hiatus.]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the exact same reaction -- great joy at such unbelievable good news for this family, suddenly tempered by the fear it would reignite the Schiasco. Strangly I have not seen it happen yet -- could the media be tired of exploiting sad people for headlines? Nah, must be something else.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

Yeah, don't be ridiculous. That's the silliest explanation I've ever heard...

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. The media will no longer run with a Schiavo connection to any story, no matter what. Even if Mrs. Schiavo should physically rise from the dead and denounce the Republicans who used her, the media would ignore it. Why? Because polls have shown that the public is tired of hearing about her, that's why. Nothing is as dead as a dead story. Old news. Dead horse, and all that.

Joel

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home