Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Outta Here...

O.k. everybody, I'm outta here until July 2nd.

I've decided to try to talk to ordinary people I meet along the way in Madrid and Greece to see what they have to say about the U.S. and especially our actions since 9/11. It's unlikely that I'll turn up anything new, but it'll be interesting for me, anyway.

Sadly, I couldn't finish a post I've been working on for awhile before I left. To the effect that, though liberals perhaps haven't backed the war effort as much as they should have, much of the blame for that must be laid at the feet of the administration. If the war against terrorism were really as important to them as they say it is, then they'd do more to unify the country. At the very least they'd quit pushing policies that are so radically divisive. Seems that the war on terrorism is important enough to take away some of our civil rights, but not important enough to warrant delaying tax cuts for the super-rich. The war against the terrorists only seems to be important when it impliest that right-wing policies should be passed.

Argh...I'm not going to get all worked up about this right now...

I'm off to Europe!

All best,

WS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home