Sunday, June 13, 2004

Beach Reading Query: 'nuther Request for Help

O.k., so we're off for Madrid and Greece on Wednesday, and I've yet to identify some good vacation/beach reading. I've got my non-fiction lineup all set, but I'm not sure I'm going to want to lay on the black sand beaches of Santorini reading Peirce or _The Necessary Angel_ (by Wallace Stevens, in case you've never heard of it, as I hadn't until recently. It's stunningly interesting, incidentally.) I'm definitely not a literature snob or anything, I'm just out of the habit of reading fun stuff right now...and by 'right now' I mean for the past...er...fifteen years or so... I used to be nuts for sci-fi, but don't even have any idea what's out there anymore. Last stuff I read was _Neuromancer_ and _Snow Crash_, both of which were kind of cool. I kinda like that Tom Clancy America saves the world kinda stuff...though I've only seen the movies and never read such a book... I've heard great things about _The DaVinci Code_, but here's the other thing: I sorta need a paperback on account of space and weight considerations.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home