Thursday, October 16, 2003

As part of my project to convince my fellow liberal centrists that we need to take conservatives more seriously, I've been cruising around on some of their sites today. I just returned from FreeRepublic.com. Note that I'm not linking to it. Oh my god. We're all doomed. Either those people are all nutty as my mom's fruitcake, or I'm so blinded by my political convictions that...no, look, there's just no significant room for a fallibilistic alternative possibility here. They are all nutty as my mom's fruitcake. Jesus H. Christ! Do you have any idea what's going on over there? I keep putting up these whiny little posts around here..."oooh, we need to be less partisan" and "ooooh, we need to try to see things from their perspective" and all that crap... And then I go over there to what seems to be thought of as the flagship of conservative sites... And they're all bleedin' crazy as loons. Every post over there is either about how Jesus is coming to smite the liberals, or how liberals hate Jesus, or how Jesus hates liberals, or how Glorious Leader will smite the liberals in 2004, or about helping Glorious Leader to raise more money with which to smite the liberals in 2004...and then there are the anti-Hillary Clinton Jokes...what the Hell is it with those people and their undying hatred of Hillary Clinton? It's creepy as Hell. I'm not given to these kinds of explanations, but I can't avoid the conclusion that there's a healthy dose of sexism behind all that... The first thing I saw when I went over there was a piece trying to argue for creationism by using examples from Clint Eastwood movies (The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, I think it was...but I get 'em all confused.). I am not making this up. No, really. I am not making this up. We are doomed...doomed...doomed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home